Hunter x Hunter is an anime that stick with you throughout your life, thanks to its abundance of meaningful quotes and life lessons.
The anime continues to capture the hearts of fans worldwide. Even in 2023, people are still drawn to the show’s unique blend of storytelling, character development, action, and world-building.
Hunter x Hunter is one of those series that can change how you view the world. The show deals maturely with themes such as friendship, forgiveness, ambition, morality, and identity.
The quotes below are taken from the following Hunter x Hunter characters:
- Gon Freecss
- Killua Zoldyck
- Ging Freecss
- Bisky Krueger
- Shoot Mcmahon
15 Best Meaningful Hunter x Hunter Quotes:
15. “The countless dragons that rained down were less significant threats than humans in the sky.”Narrator
Something to think about.
14. “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I’ll feel I did the best I could.”Koala
This is probably the best recipe on how to live your life: keep living despite being hurt all over again because that’s how life is, unfortunately. Life can be beautiful but also ugly at the same time.
13. “If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them angry.”Gon Freecss
Well, well. This could not be truer and mainly in a relationship, you might find out what kind of person you are dating thanks to this.
12. “A beast in human’s clothing understands better than anyone how people want to be treated.”Kurapika
Essentially, the quote is highlighting the idea that appearances can be deceiving, and that people who are often judged harshly may actually have a lot of wisdom and insight to offer.
11. “It takes a mere second for treasure to turn to trash.”Hisoka
Could not relate more to this. The main analogy which strikes me here is how things lose value for us when we face something critical, like for example terminal illness and realize that the previous important “treasures” are absolutely nothing compared to really important things.
10. “If I ignore a friend I have the ability to help, wouldn’t I be betraying him?”Killua Zoldyck
Yeah, I would consider that either a betrayal or not being real friends. Nowadays people backstab each other despite claiming they are friends/ or are not willing to sacrifice even a little part of their comfort in order to help someone they label as their friend which is equally wrong.
9. “Who wants to have their life planned out for them?”Killua Zoldyck
If you truly want to be happy in your life you can’t get your life planned by anyone except yourself. YOU know what you want from deep within yourself. After all, you are the master of your own happiness.
8. “Assassination—It’s the family trade. We all take it up. My folks see me as an exceptional prospect. But I don’t see that I should have to live up to their expectations.”Killua Zoldyck
We should not live up to anyone’s expectations. Instead, we should set our own goals and do little, step-by-step work on getting closer to them.
7. “Qualification isn’t something we have to talk about. The ones who are not okay with their success can go through training until they are.”Gon Freecs
I will give u an example: If you feel like you, for example, feel like you lack social skills, just expose yourself to those situations and you can train yourself to be okay in them eventually.
6. “I’ve always gone to any lengths to avoid facing danger and risk, hiding within a safe cage, where no one could hurt me. I hated myself for it. But I couldn’t change myself. Friends and teachers encouraged me, but I never truly listened, considering it the logic of the strong. Yet somehow… A boy with less than half my strength managed to break my cage!”Shoot Mcmahon
Don’t just stay all the time in your comfort zone because that way you can’t grow as much as if you constantly challenge yourself and find yourself in uncomfortable/painful situations. Once you get used to this thinking, you will see all problems as solvable, and changeable, and mainly, you will see them as a challenge.
5. “There are liars who only lie when there’s a reason to, and there are liars who also lie without a reason.”Biscuit Krueger
Well Bisky, that’s a good way how to describe the character.
4. “An apology is a promise to do things differently next time, and to keep the promise.”Ging Freecs
Feels like the majority of people fail to realize the real meaning of the apology. It’s not the word that is important, it’s the hidden sense behind it and the feeling which is truly important.
3. “Ha-ha these humans are definitely foolish creatures. Think as hard as those weak brains of yours can manage. Do you humans ever listen to the cries of mercy coming from pigs and cows you slaughter?”Meruem
This is a perfect analogy of what would happen if humans encountered other species which are stronger than them, unable to do anything to defend themselves. Too bad the majority of people can’t think out of the frame and see the bigger picture.
2. “Human potential for evolution is limitless.”Isaac Netero
And he is right. By this evolution, I mainly suspect spiritual evolution because the mind is the most powerful tool we have.
1. “You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find things more important than what you want.”Ging Freecs
This could not be more accurate. Life itself should be enjoyed and you should do things that you love even if it means overcoming hurdles. It’s WORTH it!
What is your favorite Hunter x Hunter quote? Let me know in the comments!
Source of Quotes: Hunterpedia
Although off topic a little bit, it is also notable that in the “Last Mission” OST, the chant says “kyrie eleison” which means “Lord, have mercy” (comes from christianity) which is in tune with quote #2 as well as kind of forshadowing for the result of the Netero x Meruem battle