My Dress-up Darling season 1 might be finished, but the message the series tried to convey still stays with us. If you have a dream, pursue it no matter what, don’t give up despite the hurdles, and don’t be ashamed of what you love. Being true to yourself is incredibly important if you want to feel good about yourself and the way you live your life. That’s the most important thing I took from this series. It hardly comes as a surprise that there are fantastic quotes in My Dress-up Darling worth exploring.
For people who are not familiar with the anime, here is the synopsis:
Gojou likes dolls. He spends his days at home working on traditional Japanese-style figurines, not bothering to make friends because he believes that his uncanny hobby would be a source of disdain.
Oddly enough, he gets roped into the cosplay world when his beautiful girl classmate, Kitagawa, learns about his sewing skills and asks him to help her with her cosplay hobby.
It comes as no surprise that My Dress-up Darling offers lots of valuable quotes for fans to enjoy.
My Dress-up Darling Quotes below were taken from the following characters:
- Wakana Gojo
- Marin Kitagawa
- Shinju Inui
- Kaoru Gojo
Let’s dive into it!
Marin Kitagawa Quotes (6)
1. “The only thing that’s lame here is you.” — Marin Kitagawa
2. “Like I care how hot he was. I just can’t deal with guys like him.” — Marin Kitagawa
3. “You just don’t go making fun of things people clearly like.” — Marin Kitagawa
4. “You shouldn’t agree to things you don’t wanna do.” — Marin Kitagawa
5. “You need to speak up about how you’re feeling, for your own sake.” — Marin Kitagawa
6. “Does being a girl or a boy matter when you really like something?” — Marin Kitagawa
Gojou Wakana Quotes (3)
1. “The best thing about cosplaying is that you can be anything that you want.” — Wakana Gojou
2. “We can’t see what they are feeling inside, but everyone has a lot going on.” — Wakana Gojou
3. “I can’t say pretty or beautiful unless I absolutely feel it from the heart.” — Wakana Gojou
Kaoro Gojo (2)
1. “Loving something doesn’t mean having a knack for it.”— Kaoro Gojo
2. “No need to hurry. Just keep at it.” — Kaoro Gojo
Sajuna Inui (1)
1. “Jealousy is something you feel about things that matter.” — Sajuna Inui