Kono Oto Tomare! revolves around high schoolers who become fond of koto and join the koto school club where they experience true friendship, personality development, and a lot of fun. Apart from that, it has also a great number of valuable quotes that I’m going to share with you.
This collection includes quotes from:
💟 Chika Kudou
💟 Satowa Hozuki
💟 Hiro Kurusu
💟 Takezo Kurata
💟 Doujima Akira
💟 Kudo Gen (Chika’s grandpa)
💟 Taishin Yamamoto
These are the best quotes from Kono Oto Tomare!
1. “I have to hurry up and move forward too.”Chika Kudou
This quote reminds us of the importance of pushing ourselves to move forward in life, not getting stuck in one place, and being motivated to make the most of our time.
2. “Being serious is cool.”Hiro Kurusu
3. “I have been curious about what that sound is all the time… but I think I finally know what it is. That sound is your soul itself.”Takezo Kurata
4. “Hey Chika. You know sound? It touches people’s souls. And pieces of music are the souls of the people who create them.”Kudo Gen
Kono Oto Tomare has a lot of deep quotes, but this one made me cry when I first watched the series. If you haven’t seen it, please make sure you do because you’re missing out!
Kudo Gen basically says that music has transformative power. It has the ability to move us, inspire us, and connect us with others in ways that other forms of communication cannot. It can express emotions that we may struggle to put into words, and it can provide comfort and solace during difficult times.
5. “There are things we need to do before we complain!”Hiro Kurusu
6. “The moment you go off the path, though, I think a new path is created. And then, this time, you will become the path!”Taishin Yamamoto
It’s easy to get stuck in a routine or follow the path that others have laid out for us. But if we’re brave enough to strike out on our own, we can create new opportunities and discover new paths that we never thought were possible.
7. “But… I am so fed up! The shackles of the school. The hardships in the past. Being bound by them and watching… others be bound! I am fed up with all of it!”Doujima Akira
8. “Kotos connect the hearts of the players and the audience. I believe it embodies this wish.”Satowa Hozuki
9. “And your hands as well — don’t use them to hit or hurt anyone… but use them to protect something important and seize your happiness.”Kudo Gen
This quote can be seen as a reminder to use our power and abilities to do good in the world. We may have the strength to harm others, but it’s important to resist that urge and instead channel that energy toward building something positive.
Whether it’s using our skills to help others or using our hands to protect those we love, we have the power to make a positive impact on the world.
10. “The reason why I wanted to join the koto club was because I saw a group of people with seemingly no common ground supporting each other by compensating for what the others lacked.”Hiro Kurusu
11. “It’s got nothing to do with giving up on you or not… I’d hate if you weren’t around.”Kudo Chika
12. “To tell you the truth, I played this piece hoping that people would smile after listening to it.”Satowa Hozuki
Art can be a super cool way of spreading good vibes and bringing people together. When you create something with the goal of making others happy, it gives your work a sense of purpose and meaning.