I didn’t know what the last post of this year should be – I could have made something like “similar anime like x”, a review, or even an upcoming anime list.
But I didn’t want something ordinary! And so I decided to make a list of all anime I had dropped during 2019 for various reasons – don’t worry, all will be included!
I’m guilty. I am that kind of person who drops anime quite quickly if they don’t meet what I’m looking for. I wish I could be more patient and just wait a little longer to discord whether I truly like the anime or not, but apparently, that’s not the case for me.
Every time I start watching some anime and it does nothing for me I drop it usually after one or two episodes.
The majority of times the reasons for dropping an anime are as follows:
- Annoying character/characters
- Annoying voice acting
These are anime I dropped in 2019.
- Tokyo Ghoul:re – I tried with this one. It just does not cut it with me despite me loving the previous Tokyo Ghoul. It honestly feels like a completely new anime, out of context, and somehow the whole atmosphere of the Tokyo Ghoul is gone.
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations – I am the biggest fan of Naruto, trust me. But Boruto failed all my expectations. The plot is boring, plain, slow, and predictable, with characters who are copies of Naruto’s characters. I don’t understand how I managed to watch like 30 episodes of this disaster.
- Strike the Blood – One word: harem.
- Sword Art Online II – Why tf is Kirito female? But that’s not the biggest issue I have with this. After Kirito had come back traumatized from the previous world, he decided to jump into another virtual world because why not?
- Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online – Dropped it out of the sheer disappointment I had experienced with SAO II. I haven’t even tried, sorry.
- Sword Art Online: Alicization – Same. I might give this one a try though someday in the future.
- Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai – This one failed me when it comes to romance, I had high expectations but they weren’t fulfilled. I NEED MORE ROMANCE!
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! – I can’t get over the fact that the Hitman is a baby.
- Net-juu no Susume – Lazy writing & lazy characters.
- Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara – I don’t remember but the story must have been boring for me otherwise I wouldn’t have dropped it.
- 3D Kanojo: Real Girl – There is no excuse for this anime to be so clichéd, overdramatic, unrelatable, and dumb. Sorry to offend anyone but I would rate this anime 1/10 despite loving romcom. I felt like losing brain cells watching this.
- Amai Choubatsu: Watashi wa Kanshu Senyou Pet – Is this even anime or hentai?
- Nurarihyon no Mago – I loved only (I think) two episodes of this anime – Nurarihyon x Yohime story. I wish they got their own anime and I would watch that instantly because it reminds me of Kamisama Kiss and has everything I love when it comes to romance. Nurarihyon looks so hot as well, aaaa just WHY!
- Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni… – I felt my intellect decreasing with the increasing time spent on this anime so I had to drop it. The story was so stupid I was actually on the verge of crying. This anime is acting like anime the first minute, then progressively becomes a low-end ecchi/hentai.
That’s it. I hope I didn’t offend anyone!
I wish you a great year ahead! Happy New Year 2020!
Hi, I’m Mia, the founder of 9 Tailed Kitsune. An avid anime fan, gamer, and esports enthusiast dedicated to helping you find anime content exactly to your liking.